Fixed Term Faculty Position Open
Department: Anatomy and Cell Biology
East Carolina Brody School of Medicine
Title: Teaching Assistant Professor/Teaching Associate Professor
The Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University (ECU) seeks a full-time faculty member at the Teaching Assistant Professor or Teaching Associate Professor level. This is a non-tenure track, fixed-term appointment “ with consideration of a three-to-five-year renewable appointment”. The duties of the new faculty member recruited to this position will include, but are not limited to:
50% Laboratory Teaching
Develop and deliver materials related both to lecture and cadaveric laboratory sessions in Medical Gross Anatomy and embryology.
40% Class Organization
Contribute to and enhance the departmental educational mission with responsibility for teaching students enrolled in other health professional programs primarily in human gross anatomy (including cadaveric dissection)
10% Committee Work
- Contribute to departmental, school, and institutional professional service (i.e., serving on departmental, school, or institutional committees and/or task forces)
The rank and distribution of activities in teaching and service will depend upon the qualifications and previous teaching experience of the individual recruited to the position. The faculty member will have the opportunity to participate in collaborative intradepartmental and interdepartmental research activities. Applicants from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. “Contingent upon the availability of funds”
- Ph.D., D.Sc., or D. Phil. degree from an appropriately accredited institution in anatomy or a closely related field. “ABD candidates will be appointed with the probationary term rank of Assistant Professor and must have the terminal degree conferred prior to his/her first reappointment”.
- Experience with virtual anatomy and/or histology educational platforms.
- Experience in human cadaveric dissection
- Experience in teaching human gross anatomy